Wednesday

UFC heavyweight Pat Barry wants bout before year?s end

Fans can add UFC heavyweight Pat Barry to the growing list of fighters seeking a scrap before the calendar rolls over into 2013. Barry has been out since May while nursing a broken thumb he sustained in a loss to Lavar Johnson at UFC on FOX 3.

Now, with a ?thumb?s up? from doctors, it appears the 33-year old is ready to resume training with the goal of giving it a go in the Octagon in the next few months.

?I told (matchmaker) Joe Silva already,? said Barry in an interview with MMAFight Corner. ?I already sent him a message saying ?I?m cleared by the doctor. I can start training again.? He was like ?Alright, great?when will you be ready?? I was like, ?this morning?. By the end of this year, I?m going to punch somebody in the face, whether it?s in the UFC or in Walgreens.?

Barry: “If I punch you in the head you’re gonna fall down…”

A fan-favorite for his personality and powerful strikes, Barry holds an overall record of 7-5 with six strike-based stoppages to his credit. However, when he takes to the cage ?HD? will be in desperate need of a win, dropping three of his last four fights with all involving some form of finish.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/09/09/ufc-heavyweight-pat-barry-wants-bout-before-year%e2%80%99s-end

Noboru Asahi Marcus Aurelio  Mikhail Avetisyan Luiz Azeredo