Friday

Frankie Edgar didn?t hesitate when offered October fight with Jose Aldo

When former UFC fighter Frankie Edgar got the call about facing featherweight title-holder Jose Aldo with less than two months to prepare for the bout it would have been easy for him to say ?thanks but no thanks?. Not only will Edgar be making his 145-pound debut in the bout, but ?The Answer? also fought a tough five-rounder against lightweight champion Benson Henderson in August.

However, according to Edgar, the thought of turning down the tilt never crossed his mind.

?In my head, I said yes right away. I just wanted to call my team and talk to them about it, more out of a respect of my coaches type situation. But I don’t think anybody could have talked me out of it at any point,? explained Edgar in an interview with MMAWeekly Radio.

?I?m not trying to compare myself to anyone else, I just know my situation. It was easy to say yes,? continued Edgar, alluding to a recent run of his peers turning down fights on late notice. ?I fought less than three weeks ago when I got the call ? (an) injury free fight. I was already back in the gym a little bit, so it was just an opportunity you can?t let slip.?

Edgar Plans to Have Brazilian Fans Cheering for Him by Fight’s Conclusion

The two talented 145ers will clash in the main event on October 13 at UFC 153. The 14-3-1 Edgar, a former lightweight champ, holds past wins over Gray Maynard, Sean Sherk, and BJ Penn, while Aldo is 21-1 with fourteen straight wins to his credit.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/09/11/frankie-edgar-didn%e2%80%99t-hesitate-when-offered-october-fight-with-jose-aldo

Mark Epstein Tom Big Cat Erickson Martinsh Egle Eric Butterbean Esch