Monday

Junior dos Santos: "I'm ready to submit someone to really show how good I am in my jiu-jitsu."

There are only a few constants when it comes to the build towards fights featuring Junior dos Santos, but one of them is the answer to questions about he plans on approaching his adversary. Since starching Fabricio Werdum at UFC 90 in his Octagon unveiling, Dos Santos has said he was always there to do one thing – knock people out.

According to the hard-hitting Brazilian, his second fight with Cain Velasquez will be no exception even if he’s ready for anything the former title-holder may throw at him.

“That time it was perfect for me. My first strategy is always to knock my opponents out and I will try to do that again. I know Cain Velasquez, I respect him a lot. He’s really tough. But I will give my best to win this fight, it doesn’t matter where,? Dos Santos recently told MMA Live. ?Of course I want to knock him out but if the fight goes to the ground, I will be ready to submit him too.?

Fans might have a lack of reference when it comes to the ground acumen of Dos Santos, but the Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira-trained brown belt wants folks to know he is always working on his ground game.

?I train a lot of jiu-jitsu, Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I’m working on my takedown defense. I know he’s a really good wrestler and he’s going to try to take me down and use his ground-n-pound where he’s very good but if the fight goes to the ground, I’m ready,? Dos Santos reiterated. ?Like I said, I’m ready to submit someone to really show how good I am in my jiu-jitsu.”

In his first fight with Velasquez, “Cigano” took his heavyweight title home after 64 seconds of cage time. If he comes out the winner for the second time, Dos Santos said he expects to fight the currently-suspended Alistair Overeem even if he’s not necessarily happy about the prospect.

?Dana White already said the winner from me and Velasquez is going to fight Overeem,” began the 28-year old before adding, “I don’t think he deserves to be fighting for the title because he failed the drug test (but) I want to fight this guy because he said a lot of things and I want to fight with the best. If he thinks he’s one of them, I want to fight him.”

Overeem Predicts Velasquez Will Beat Dos Santos

Dos Santos will get in the octagon with Velasquez on December 29 at UFC 155. In the co-main event former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin will face Phil Davis and also on the card is a possible middleweight number one contender bout between Chris Weidman-Tim Boetsch.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/10/28/junior-dos-santos-im-ready-to-submit-someone-to-really-show-how-good-i-am-in-my-jiu-jitsu

Andrew Gardner Tiki Ghosn Dennis George Kultar Gill