Tuesday

Carlos Condit: ?The fact that I'm kind of being looked past, it puts a little bit of a fire under my ass.?

With all the talk about a potential meeting between welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and middleweight king Anderson Silva, it?s apparently been easy for some folks to forget GSP has to get by interim title-holder Carlos Condit at UFC 154 for Silva to even be a relevant option. And, considering Condit is 28-5 with 26 stoppages and wins over a number of notable opponents, beating the ?Natural Born Killer? is much easier said than done.

However, Condit doesn?t seem to mind the notion that a lot of fans are overlooking him. In fact, he relishes it.

?I love kind of being the spoiler. I was the spoiler in the Nick Diaz/Georges St-Pierre scenario. Now I get to play that role again,? said Condit in an interview with The MMA Hour. ?It doesn’t bug me, if anything it motivates me. The fact that I’m kind of being looked past, it puts a little bit of a fire under my ass.?

The talented 170-pounders are set for a showdown on November 17 in Montreal. Condit will enter the evening on a five-fight winning streak including success against Diaz, Dong Hyun Kim, Jake Ellenberger, and Rory MacDonald.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/10/21/carlos-condit-%e2%80%9cthe-fact-that-im-kind-of-being-looked-past-it-puts-a-little-bit-of-a-fire-under-my-ass-%e2%80%9d

Rob Broughton  Mike Brown  Junie Browning Paul Buentello