Wednesday

Jon Jones: ?I don?t see any way Chael can win this fight but I?m still gonna train like an absolute madman because losing to him is not an option.?

Critics of the UFC?s decision to hand Chael Sonnen a shot at light heavyweight champion Jon Jones have cited the outspoken competitor?s vanilla-flavored attack and size as two of the reasons he has an extremely slim chance of earning an upset in their 2013 tilt. If fans were hoping Jones might feel differently, giving Sonnen some level of credit in terms of being a threat, they will no doubt be disappointed to learn the 25-year old title-holder is completely confident he?ll smash Sonnen in every way possible.

?Chael is a decent…a pretty good wrestler. He was an Olympic alternate. He wasn’t on the team. No disrespect to other alternates today, but I don?t really consider him Cael Sanderson or a legit wrestler,? said Jones on the match-up during a conference call with media. ?Maybe he will get me down. Who cares if he takes me down? He gets submitted all the time from top position anyways.?

?I think I have a very solid jiu-jitsu game off my back and I?ve never been able to display it,? he continued, adding skepticism about it even coming into play in their scheduled scrap given his takedown defense. ?I highly doubt his wrestling will play a gigantic factor in the fight.?

?I don?t see any way Chael can win this fight but I?m still gonna train like an absolute madman because losing to Chael is not an option,? the animated phenom continued, saying he wanted to punish Sonnen for comments he?s made and send him into obscurity.

Jones Hoping to Put Closure on Controversy Surrounding UFC 151 with Win Over Sonnen

The two talented fighters will face off on TUF 17 (airing in January 2013) before fighting on April 27.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/10/18/jon-jones-%e2%80%9ci-don%e2%80%99t-see-any-way-chael-can-win-this-fight-but-i%e2%80%99m-still-gonna-train-like-an-absolute-madman-because-losing-to-him-is-not-an-option-%e2%80%9d

Ryan Gracie Peter Graham Forrest Griffin Tyson Griffin