Friday

Eddie Alvarez: ?It feels good to know that I'll have options.?

Lightweight Eddie Alvarez may only be 28 years old but he?s been fighting professionally since 2003, racking up a 24-3 record over the span including 21 finishes and success against a number of notable competitors including Roger Huerta, Joachim Hansen, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Josh Neer, Pat Curran, and Shinya Aoki. Still, despite his overwhelming success, Alvarez has never set foot inside the Octagon.

Alvarez has called Bellator his professional home for the past three years where he became the promotion?s first 155-pound champion. However, with Alvarez having recently completed his contract, the well-rounded Philly native finally has a chance to sign with the UFC and is expected to be pursued hard by the organization.

?This is an exciting time in my career,? explained Alvarez in a press release from his representatives at Authentic Sports Management.

?I’ve dedicated over ten years to this sport, and I believe I have another ten ahead of me,? he continued. ?As for next steps, I will talk it over with my management team. It feels good to know that I’ll have options. Few fighters have that luxury, and I’m thankful. My team, the Blackzilians and my coaches at Jaco Hybrid Training Center will help me to stay sharp as I wait to see what’s next. No matter what happens, I’ll continue to give fans what they pay for.?

UFC President Dana White Confirms Company’s Interest in Alvarez

Alvarez?s is fresh off a highlight-reel finish of Patricky Freire who he took out with a headkick in the opening round of their October 12 outing. The victory marked his ninth in ten tilts.

PHOTO CREDIT – BELLATOR

Source: http://www.fighters.com/10/17/eddie-alvarez-%e2%80%9cit-feels-good-to-know-that-ill-have-options-%e2%80%9d

Martinsh Egle Eric Butterbean Esch Efrain Escudero Rashad Evans