Thursday

Josh Barnett expects to fight on January Strikeforce card

While Zuffa and Showtime work out as to what will become of Strikeforce in 2013, we do know fans are on the edge of their seats waiting for the announcement as to who will be on the card for the expected January card. Some rumors are saying all of the Strikeforce champions will fight on the card and some are saying we should expect the Daniel Cormier and Frank Mir fight will finally happen, but former Strikeforce Heavyweight Gran Prix finalist Josh Barnett is saying he expects to be fighting at the event.�

Barnett (31-6) wouldn?t tell Inside MMA who he will be fighting, but the former UFC heavyweight champion said he has already started training.

“I do know that I’m looking forward to fighting sometime in January for Strikeforce and giving all the fans that have been following me on Showtime and Strikeforce exactly what they expect. I don’t have an opponent, I can just start with all my members of my team in the gym, and start thrashing them.”

 

Photo Credit: Sherdog

Source: http://www.fighters.com/11/07/josh-barnett-expects-to-fight-on-january-strikeforce-card

Robert Berry David Bielkheden Michael Bisping  Dan Bobish