Thursday

Stephan Bonnar: ?If I'm not sleeping, I'm going to keep coming.?

UFC light heavyweight Stephan Bonnar knows what fans are expecting on October 13 when he faces Anderson Silva at UFC 153 ? his utter destruction. Bonnar is a massive underdog entering the bout despite having a weight advantage and a three-fight winning streak under his belt. Then again, when taking on the man many feel is the greatest Mixed Martial Artist in the history of the sport, neither of those factors means a whole lot once the cage door closes.

Bonnar recently spoke some about his strategy entering the headlining fight, acknowledging the likelihood of him getting lit up a few times inside the Octagon. However, unless his body quits on him, Bonnar expects to be pressing forward the entire time.

?If I could find a weakness or work him over on the ground, that’s great. But if I can’t and I’m forced to fight one of those blood-and-gut fights ? I know he’s really accurate with his strikes. I know that. I’m going to get hit. I just need to keep pushing forward. That’s what I do,? explained Bonnar in an interview with MMAJunkie.

“All I do know is when I get in there, I can’t help but fight my ass off. I can’t help but just give it everything I’ve got,? the fan-favorite continued. ?If I’m not sleeping, I’m going to keep coming. I know no other way.?

Bonnar Hoping Silva Breaks a Hand or Foot on His Head

The “American Psycho” has certainly lived up to his comments through his career. Bonnar, who holds a 15-7 record, has never been submitted or stopped by strikes, losing twice to injury-oriented TKOs and five more times by way of decision.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

Source: http://www.fighters.com/09/26/stephan-bonnar-%e2%80%9cif-im-not-sleeping-im-going-to-keep-coming-%e2%80%9d

Cody Guinn Jorge Gurgel Andre Gusmao Alexander Gustafsson